Avocado is basically originated from Mexico. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. It also helps lowering your cholesterol. I tried to make chutney for dosai with our ingredients like onion, garlic, green chili and tamarind. It came out well and goes well with idly and dosai.
- 1 no - Avocado
- 1 no - Onion - 1 (cut into medium sized pieces)
- 1 or 2 - Green chilies (as per taste)
- 1 clove – Garlic
- 1 no – Tamarind (blueberry size)
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- ¼ tsp –Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp – Split black gram (ulunthu-optional)
- Heat ½ tsp oil in a pan; add onion, green chilies and garlic sauté till they become golden brown. Add tamarind and fry for few seconds. Once the mixture cools nicely, grind it along with Avocado (peel or scoop out) and salt.
- Again heat remaining oil; splutter the mustard and spilt black gram (ulunthu). Add ground mixture and fry for just few minute.
- Serve hot with idly, dosai.
- You need not grind avocado if you can mash it completely.
- It can also be used as a dip for chips or for making sandwiches. Kids will love this flavor.