Today’s post is something special to me guess what? yes this is my 200th post. I never thought that I will be able to post regularly and will reach 200 this soon. Now let me come to the recipe. Almonds / Badhams are rich in vitamins and minerals that helps to build a healthy heart. And these little nutrient nuggets are cholesterol free. Since cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease, adding almonds to your diet is a great way to keep that risk under control. Badham halwa is one of my favorite sweets and I am happy to try it at home. Here comes the recipe.
- 1 cup – Almond / Badham
- 1 cup – Sugar (as needed)
- 1/4 cup – Ghee
- 2 no – Cardamom
- 2 pinch – Saffron (soak in 2 tbsp of warm milk)
- 1 cup – Milk
- Soak Almond for few hours in hot water. Peel off the skin and again soak it in 1cup lukewarm milk for 30 mins. Then grind it into a smooth paste along with milk and cardamom.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, add sugar and 1 cup water and bring to boil and wait until sugar dissolves. Simmer the stove to medium.
- Now add ground paste and mix well. Keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Then add saffron soaked in milk and continue stirring for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add a tsp of ghee in regular intervals and keep stirring until the halwa gets thick and you will see bubbles start appearing at the bottom. Now switch off the stove and allow them to cool.
- Now yummy badham halwa is ready and enjoy it.
- Always keep flame in medium heat.
- You can replace saffron with orange food color.
- Soaking almonds in milk is completely optional. It gives an extra flavor.