Spicy diamond cuts are also called as savory maida biscuits. It is a best evening time snack for all age group.
- 1 cup - Maida
- 1/2 cup - Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Baking soda
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a mixing bowl, add maida, wheat flour, chili powder, butter,cumin seeds, baking soda, salt with enough water, mix well and roll in to a smooth dough. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Again knead the dough and divide into equal balls. Take a ball and roll out in to chappathi ( it should not be too thin or too thick) and cut it into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan and fry the diamonds over medium flame until slightly golden brown on both the sides. Allow them to cool down and store in a air tight container. Spicy diamond cuts are ready.
- You can also prick the pieces with a fork so that it cooks crisp.
- Do not worry if diamonds gets together. When you drop in oil, it will separate. Handle carefully while dropping in oil.
A Tribute to Chef Jacob
Chef Jacob the host of "Aaha Enna Rusi" a popular cookery show in a leading Tamil Channel passed away on 04-Nov-2012 due to cardiac arrest. It is a shocking news to everyone at home including my 4 years old daughter. We all love his show very much. I adapted many of his recipes.
He is very talented and creative. He become a very popular cookery show host among kids too as he engages kids in his shows. We miss you a lot Mr.Jacob.
May his soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.