Chaat items are always fun to have and i would say it is an Indian delicacy. Chaat has become immensely popular all over the world. Papdi chaat is prepared with flatten puri called papdi, chickpeas, potato, onion, tomatoes, curd and chutneys.
Serves 2 to 3 people
- 15 nos – Papdi (store bought)
- 1 medium – Potato (boiled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Chickpeas / kondakadalai (cooked)
- 1/2 cup – Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup – Tomato chopped
- 1//2 cup – Curd (lightly beaten)
- 3 tbsp – Green chutney ( i used store bought mint chutney)( or add as needed)
- 3 tbsp – Tamarind date chutney (or add as needed)
- 5 tbsp – Nylon sev / omapodi
- 1/4 tsp – Chaat masala powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take a small mixing bowl, add cooked chickpeas and green chutney, mix well and set it aside.
- Keep all the ingredients ready before starting the assembling process. First take a serving plate or bowl, place papdis as shown in the picture.
- Followed by boiled potato chunks and chickpeas green chutney mixture. Next comes chopped onion, tomatoes, beaten curd and tamarind date chutney.
- Garnish with nylon sev or omapodi and chopped coriander leaves on top. One final touch, sprinkle little chaat masala powder on top of it and serve immediately.
- Papdis are easily available in grocery stores, you can either use store bought ones or prepare your own at home.
- Increase or decrease the amount of all chutneys and sev according to your preference.
- To serve this chaat as a starter in a party, prepare all the ingredients and keep them ready in a separate serving bowl. Assemble them only at the time of serving to prevent it from turning soggy.