Soya chunk podimas is a good side dish for rice which has lot of protein.You can also have it as a evening time snack.
- 1 cup – Soya chunks
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no- Green chili (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp – Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp – Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Spilt black gram (ulunthu)
- 1 tbsp – Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu)
- 5 or 6 nos – Curry leaves
- Wash and boil soya chunks in water for 5 mins. Once done soak cooked soya chunks in cold water for 2 mins and squeeze out the water, do it twice to get rid of the soya smell. Grind it to coarse (granules) and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, split black gram, bengal gram and curry leaves. Add onion, green chili and required salt fry until golden brown.
- Now add soya chunk granules along with red chili powder and turmeric powder, mix everything well together and cook until raw smell goes.
- Finally add pepper powder, cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the stove. Serve hot with rice.