Onion tomato chutney is a simple recipe I came to know from my cousin. This chutney is a good combo for adai, bajji and bonda.
- 1 big – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 big – Onion (chopped finely)
- 4 or 5 nos – Dry red chillies
- 1 handful – Coriander leaves
- 1 handful – Mint leaves
- 5 or 6 nos – Curry leaves
- 1/4 cup – Coconut grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Split black gram/Ulunthu
- 2 tsp – Bengal gram/Kadalai paruppu
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasonings. Then add red chillies, onion along with required salt and saute till transparent.
- Add tomato and curry leaves, saute for a minute. Then add coriander and mint leaves fry until raw smell goes.
- Finally add grated coconut and saute for a minute. Allow the mixture to cool and grind it to a smooth paste. Serve with idly, dosai, adai and bajji.
- You can also season this chutney after grinding, like we do for other chutney.