Thavala adai is commonly made in south India for evening snack. I came out with a modified version of it and we had it for dinner. It came out very tasty and filling.
- 1 cup – Bengal gram,black gram,Red gram(all together)
- 1 cup - Raw rice
- 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp - Ginger (chopped)
- 3 nos – Green chilies (finely chopped )
- 1 cup - Thick curd (beat nicely)
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil (for shallow frying)
- Grind bengal gram, black gram, red gram and raw rice, fenugreek seeds in to coarse powder. Add ginger, green chilies, asafoetida and salt to this powder, mix it well.
- Add curd and pour little water to make it to dosa batter consistency. Allow it to ferment for more than 4 hours.
- Take a heavy bottom vessel with little curve in the center and add 2 tsp of oil. Pour two ladles of batter into the vessel and spread slightly.
- Cover with a lid and allow it to get roasted in medium flame for 5 mins. Remove the lid and flip over to the other side and roast till golden brown..
- Remove from stove and serve it hot with idly podi or any chutney.
- I used appam making pan for making this adai.
- You can also use dosa tawa as we make normal adai.