Wish you all a very Happy Tamil New Year.
இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
Rava laddu is a sweet ball prepared with rava/semolina, sugar, milk and nuts. It is one of my favorite sweets. My mom makes it often when we come from school. Rava laddu can be prepared with few ingredients and it also takes less time to cook. My friends mom used to grind rava after roasting it but I don’t like that way. Because I like to feel the rava while biting the laddu.
- 1 cup - Rava / Semolina
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 4 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp – Warm milk
- 2 nos – Cardamom
- 10 nos - Cashew nuts
- 10 nos – Raisins
- In a mixer grinder add sugar and cardamom, grind them to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts and raisins to a golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee and roast the rava well. Set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add roasted rava, roasted cashew nuts and raisins, ground sugar and mix everything well. Now slowly add warm milk little by little and form a lemon sized ball out of it. Rava laddu is ready to serve.
- Once rava get roasted, you can grind them in a mixer grinder/ blender to a fine powder and follow the rest of the steps as it is to make laddu.
- Do not over roast the rava because it spoils the taste of the laddu.
- You can increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.
- Do not add too much milk as it will make laddu saggy. Pour milk little by little so that you know how much you need.