Jeera rice or jeera pulao is a flavoured rice prepared with cumin seeds/ jeera. This yummy rice preparation can be eaten as an accompaniment with almost any dal or vegetable or paneer curries.
- 1 cup - Basmati rice
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1 no - Bay leaf
- 1 no - Cinnamon (small stick)
- 1 no - Cardamom
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Drain the water completely.
- Heat ghee in a pan, season with cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon. When cumin seeds crack, add 2 cup of water and required salt to it, bring it to boil.
- Now add washed rice and mix well. Cover with lid and reduce the flame to medium, cook until rice is tender or well cooked. Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
- Instead of cumin seeds you can add shahi jeera too.