Chaat is one of my favourite snack, that i can have any time of the day. One such tasty chaat is aloo chana chaat, which has cooked chickpeas, potato, onion, tomato,spicy and sweet chutney. You can prepare this yummy chaat as a evening snack for school going kids.
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 cup – White chickpeas / chana / kondakadalai
- 1 medium – Potato (or 1/2 cup chopped)
- 4 to 5 tbsp – Onion (chopped)
- 4 to 5 tbsp – Tomato (chopped)
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp – Chaat masala powder
- Green chutney as needed ( i used spicy mint chutney)
- Tamarind date chutney as needed
- 1 to 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3 to 4 tbsp – Nylon sev
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cook chickpeas and potato together in a pressure cooker for 3 or 4 whistles or until well cooked. Allow them to cool and chop potatoes into small cubes, set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add cooked chickpeas, potato, onion, tomato, green chutney, tamarind date chutney, chaat masala powder and required salt, mix well thoroughly.
- Take a serving bowl, add chickpeas mixture as needed and top it with little nylon sev and chopped coriander leaves, serve immediately.
- Since my green chutney was little spicy, i did not add any red chilli powder or pepper powder in my chaat. If you wish you can add little red chilli powder in this recipe.
- If you prefer you can add little beaten curd on top of chickpeas mixture and top it with nylon sev and coriander leaves.