Radishes are very low calorie root vegetables. They are good source of anti-oxidants, electrolytes, minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber etc. Red radish stir fry is prepared with sliced red radish and red chilli flakes. Red chilli flakes gives new flavor and taste to the dish.
- 6 or 7 nos – Red radish
- 1 no – Onion (chopped lengthwise)
- 2 no – Garlic (crushed)
- 2 pinches – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli flakes (crushed red pepper)
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 5 or 6 nos – Curry leaves
- Wash and chop red radish into thin circles as shown in the picture. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic, saute until translucent.
- Then add chopped radish pieces along with required salt, turmeric powder and red chilli flakes. Close the pan with lid and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes until the radish is well cooked and tender.Tasty red radish fry is ready and serve with white rice and sambar.
- If you don’t have store bought red chili flakes then you can make your own by crushing dried red chillies in mixer grinder or motor and pestle grinding tool.
- You can also replace red chilli flakes with red chilli powder.