இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் !
Happy Tamil New Year to all my readers.
I had tasted a healthy laddu prepared with split green gram and black gram during my recent visit to my home country. It was tasting good and i wanted to try that immediately because i love sweets especially laddu / urundai. It is very simple but very healthy one to try. Kid's will love this for sure.
Yields : 10 to 12 laddu / urundai
- 1/2 cup - Split green gram / paasi paruppu / moong dal
- 1/2 cup - Whole black gram without skin / ulunthu / whole urad dal
- 1/2 cup - Sugar (or add as needed)
- 4 to 5 tbsp - Hot ghee ( or add as needed)
- Heat a pan, dry roast paasi paruppu / moong dal and ulunthu / urad dal each separately until you get a nice aroma and they are slightly golden brown in color.
- Cool and grind both dal along with required sugar to a fine powder in a mixer grinder. You can sieve the flour to ensure that there are no coarse particles, which is optional and i skipped this.
- Now heat ghee and add it to the paasi paruppu ulunthu powder mix (ground mixture). Mix it with a spoon and make small balls (lemon sized)while the heat is endurable(tolerable or bearable).
- Now tasty paasi paruppu ulunthu laddu /urundai is ready.This will even stay good for few weeks if you store it properly in an airtight container.
- If you want you can add cardamom(elaichi) as an optional ingredient which gives nice aroma to laddu.
- You can store this laddu in an airtight container for couple of weeks.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.