Hot chocolate is also known as hot cocoa, prepared with cocoa powder and milk, that is a perfect hot beverage for cold weather.
Serves 1 (yields 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp – Sugar (or add as needed)
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Milk (for mixing cocoa)
- Take a bowl, add cocoa, sugar, salt and 2 to 3 tbsp of milk, mix well without any lumps.
- In a small saucepan, add cocoa mixture and whisk together over low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.
- Add in the rest of the milk gradually and increase the flame to medium heat. Whisk occasionally, until it is hot.
- Finally stir in the vanilla essence and switch off the stove, serve hot with marshmallow on top.
- You may replace our regular cow milk with soy milk, rice milk, almond milk etc.
- You may substitute maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar for sugar.
- If you like hot chocolate to be frothy, blend it in the blender.
- If you feel hot chocolate is very strong, then you may reduce cocoa powder little bit or else add more milk.