Mangoes are in season, as my daughter love mangoes, she was asking for mango popsicles for a long time. I prepared popsicle with yummy mango and she just loved it. Great summer treat for kids, that does not have any preservatives or artificial ingredients and absolutely delicious popsicles.
Yields 4 to 6 popsicles (depends on the size of the mold you are using)
- 1 medium – Fresh mango (ripe) or 2 cups chopped mango
- 1/2 tsp – Lemon juice
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Peel mangoes, remove pit and dice it. Transfer chopped mangoes in to a blender, add lemon juice and sugar if needed, blend them to a puree.
- You can use any popsicle mold of your choice. Pour mango puree and close the popsicles mold with lid or cover with aluminum foil and insert a ice cream stick in each mould, freeze it for 4 to 5 hours or overnight in the freezer part of the refrigerator.
- When it is done, take it out and carefully show the outer surface under tap of hot running water for 30 seconds before pull out the popsicles. Serve it immediately.
- Some mangos are very sweet and won't need any sugar. Some mangoes are a little sour and will need some sugar.
- You may replace fresh mangoes with frozen mangoes (chopped).
- Adding lemon juice helps to prevent mango from browning.
- Make sure to wipe up any spills on the mold or tray before you put the tray into the freezer.
- When your popsicles are completely frozen, you will be able to pull on the stick easily. If the stick comes out by itself, your popsicle is not completely frozen. If the stick stays fast, your popsicle is frozen (ready to eat).