Friends I didn’t post recipes frequently for the last few weeks as my DSLR camera had some problem. Finally I got it back after service. It is a big relief now. I thought of sharing this simple recipe as a summer special. Corn ears are roasted in oven with cilantro lime butter. Best for outdoor parties during summer and kids will love this.
- 4 nos – Fresh corn cobs
For cilantro lime butter:
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup - Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 tbsp - Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp – Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp – Lime zest
- 1/4 tsp - Cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- Take a mixing bowl, add in butter and using a rubber spatula, mix in the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and cayenne. Cilantro lime butter is ready. Use immediately or refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, Coat each ear of corn with 2 tablespoons of cilantro lime butter and wrap individually in foil. Roast until hot and steaming for about 30 minutes. Serve with extra butter on the side.
- You can replace cayenne pepper with red chili powder.
- I used Kashmiri chilli powder in place of cayenne pepper.