Hello friends I have my brother’s family visiting us and kids keeping us busy. It is difficult for me to post regularly, so decided to post whenever I can squeeze some time for next two weeks. Vegetable pulao is made with cooked rice and vegetable. Simple and easy to make recipe and best for lunch box.
- 1 cup – Basmati rice
- 1 no – Onion (Slice lengthwise)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chilies (slit open)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no – Carrot
- 5 nos – Beans
- 1 no – Potato
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder (as per taste)
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp – Mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – Oil or ghee
- 1 no – Cinnamon
- 2 nos – Clove
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 1 tsp – Fennel seeds
- Wash and cook rice in a pressure cooker for 2 or 3 whistles. Spread cooked rice in a plate and allow them to cool.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan, season with items given for “seasonings”. Add onion, green chili, ginger garlic paste and along with required salt saute until transparent.
- Add tomato saute for few minutes. Add all vegetables and all masala powders along with 1/2 cup water; cover with lid and cook until well cooked. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves, mix well.
- Cool this mixture and mix it with cooked rice. If needed add some salt at this stage and serve hot with onion raita.