Pancake is a flat, round cake prepared from a batter and cooked on a hot griddle or frying pan. It can be prepared with or without egg. I prefer eggless pancake rather than with egg. I prepared pancake with whole wheat flour and pureed banana. Here comes the recipe for eggless banana pancake.
Yields : 8 to 10 pancake
- 1 cup - Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup - Milk (room temperature)
- 1 no - Banana (puree it)
- 2 tbsp - Brown sugar
- 1 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp - Olive oil
- 2 tbsp - Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup - Water ( or add as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Puree banana in a mixer grinder and set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, required salt and mix it well. Then add pureed banana and once again mix well.
- In another bowl, add milk, olive oil, melted butter and vanilla essence, mix well. Add this to the dry ingredients along with required water, mix well without forming any lumps.
- Heat a tawa, take a ladle full of flour and spread it little bit like uthappam. Drizzle some melted butter around the sides and cook both sides till golden brown.Tasty pancake is ready and serve hot with maple syrup.
- Always cook pancake in medium flame. If you cook pancake on high flame, then the inner part of the pancake may not cook well.
- You can keep the prepared flour in the refrigerator for next day.
- You can always replace whole wheat flour with all purpose flour .