Cauliflower is low in fat and carbs but high in dietary fiber, folate, water, and vitamin C.Cauliflower soup or cauliflower rasam is my friend’s dad recipe. First time I tasted at his house with hot rice, it was fantastic. I have tried this recipe many times and it came out well every time.
- 7 or 8 pieces– Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp – Split green gram (paasi paruppu/moong dhal)
- 3 nos – Tomato (chopped )
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chili (slit open)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder (Kuzhambu milagai thool)
- 1/2 tsp – Coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 small – cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp – Fennel seeds (Perunjeeragam)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp – Oil
- Salt as needed
- 3 cups – Water
- Wash and cook split green gram(paasi paruppu) in water;when it is 3/4 done switch off the stove. Keep it aside. Do not over cook it.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter cinnamon stick and fennel seeds.Then add onion and green chili saute until golden brown. Now add tomato and fry for 6-7 minutes or until oil separates.
- Add all masala’s and fry hard for few minutes. Now add cauliflower, fry for few seconds then add water cover and cook until cauliflower is 3/4 done.
- Finally add cooked split green gram and let this boil for few min. Finally add chopped coriander leaves to it. Serve hot with white rice or drink as a soup.
- Use tangy tomatoes because that is the main ingredient in this recipe that gives best or exact taste for this soup.