Peaches are high in a number of nutrients your body needs such as niacin, thiamine, potassium and calcium. They are also high in beta carotene, an antioxidant that converts to Vitamin A, which is essential for healthy hearts and eyes. The darker the peach’s color, the more Vitamin A it has in its pulp. The antioxidants may also help in maintaining healthy urinary and digestive functions. I made a simple juice with this nutritious fruit.
- 6 nos - peaches
- 1 cup - water
- 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp – Sugar
- 4 nos - Ice cubes
- Slice the peaches in half. Cut or scoop out the peach flesh.
- Drop the peach flesh into a blender. Add water, lemon juice, sugar and ice cubes, blend into a puree. Using strainer, separate the juice and pulp.
- Pour into a pitcher or jug for storage. Alternatively, pour direct into glasses for immediate serving. Pour juice over ice and enjoy!
- Other soft fruits such as nectarines and plums can be made into a juice following this recipe.
- The sugar can be left out if you already find the peaches sweet enough.
- You can also replace sugar with honey in this recipe.