Masala bread sandwich is made with simple onion tomato masala and bread. One of the best lunch box ideas for kids.
- 4 slices – Bread (I used whole wheat bread)
- 1 no – Onion (big one,chopped lengthwise)
- 1/2 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder (as needed)
- 2 pinch – Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter cumin seeds, fennel seeds. Now add onion and ginger; saute for few seconds. Finally add tomato, fry for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and required salt saute until raw smell goes off.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves. Now masala is ready for filling.
- Place a bread in a sandwich maker and take a spoon of masala, spread it allover the bread.Then place another bread slice on the top of masala and repeat the same process with remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Toast it until bread is slightly golden brown and crispy. Enjoy masala bread sandwich hot.
- You can also replace red chili powder with pepper powder.
- You can also directly toast bread on tawa.