Paneer jalfrezi is a colorful and yummy gravy prepared with paneer and mixed colored peppers / capsicums. It goes very well with hot roti, parathas and even with pulao.
- 1 cup – Paneer (sliced lengthwise as shown in picture)
- 1 cup – Mixed color capsicums / bell peppers (sliced lengthwise as shown in picture)
- 1 no – Onion (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 no – Tomato ( grind them to puree)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped for garnishing
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and saute for few seconds. Then add ginger garlic paste along with little salt, saute until raw smell goes.
- Add tomato puree, saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder, saute until raw smell goes.
- Now add colored capsicum or bell peppers and cook until they are 1/2 done. Then add paneer, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water to it, along with required salt and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Finally add lemon juice and sugar, mix well and cook until you reach semi gravy consistency. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot roti or pulao.
- I used red, green and orange colored bell peppers or capsicum in this recipe.
- I did not fry paneer in ghee or oil before adding it to the gravy.