Many of us do not like rava upma/kichadi because it is very sticky and bland in taste. Here is recipe for colorful rava kichadi that has good taste and texture.
- 1 cup – Rava(sooji, semolina flour)
- 1 or 2 nos - Green chilies (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup - Green peas
- 1/4 cup – Carrot
- 1/2 tsp - Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 1/2 cups - water
- 2 tbsp - oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/2 tsp - cumin seeds
- 10 nos – Cashew nuts
- Boil carrot and green peas along with required salt in 2 1/2 cups of water. As water comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until carrot and peas are tender. Switch off the stove and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add rava and fry for about 3 minutes on medium heat or until rava turns gold brown.
- Add carrot and green peas with water a little at a time, otherwise water will splatter. Cook until rava is well cooked. Add lemon juice, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot .