Paniyaram is a famous breakfast dish in Tamilnadu. I have already tried spinach paniyaram, egg paniyaram, kuzhi paniyaram. Now I have tried to make oats paniyaram with lentils, it was tasting awesome. I hope you also enjoy this new taste.
- 3/4 cup – Instant oats
- 1/4 cup – Red gram/ thuvaram paruppu/ toor dhal
- 1/4 cup – Bengal gram/kadalai paruppu/ channa dhal
- 1 tbsp – whole black gram/ ulunthu/ urad dhal
- 1 tbsp – Split green gram/ paasi paruppu/ Moong dhal
- 1 no - Onion (chopped fine)
- 1/4 inch - Ginger
- 5 or 6 nos – Dry red Chillies
- 1 tsp - Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp - Curry leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp - Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak lentils together for a minimum of 3 hours. Grind it in to a coarse paste and set aside.
- Dry grind oats, dry red chillies, fennel seeds and ginger to a fine powder, set aside.
- Take a wide bowl, add oats powder, lentil paste, onion, curry and coriander leaves, salt, asafoetida and mix well. Add required water and let it be in a pouring consistency.
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram pan. Put 2-3 drops of oil in each hole; fill each hole with the batter and drizzle a drop of oil on top. After 2-3 minutes, flip over to cook the other side. Once both sides turn golden brown, switch off and serve hot with any spicy chutney.