Curry leaves garlic chutney is a simple yet delicious chutney that goes well with idly and dosai. Fresh curry leaves is a must ingredient for this chutney. Initially I hesitated to try this chutney but to my surprise it came out very well.
- 2 cups – Curry leaves / karuveppilai (must be fresh leaves)
- 1 handful – Garlic / poondu (peeled)
- 1/2 no – Tomato (chopped)
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies (as per taste)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram / ulunthu
- Heat 1/4 tsp of oil in a pan, saute curry leaves for 3 to 4 mins. Fry continuously, so that it wont get burnt. Set aside.
- In same pan, add little oil and saute garlic, green chillies and tomato until 3/4 cooked. Add sauteed curry leaves and cook until well cooked. Allow them to cool and grind sauteed items to a smooth paste( you can add water to grind it).
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Pour the ground paste and saute for 5 to 7 mins. Switch off the stove and serve hot with idly or dosai.