Adai Dosai is made from mixture of different variety of lentils. I tried different ways of making adai dosai but I was very impressed with the taste one which my mother-in-law suggested. I can assure that this will come out really good.
Dosai Batter (Makes around 10 to 12 dosas):
- ½ cup – kadalai paruppu (Channa dhal)
- ½ cup –Thuvaram paruppu (toor dhal)
- ½ cup –Payatham paruppu/Paasi paruppu(yellow moong dhal)
- ½ cup –Raw rice(Pacchai arisi)
- ½ cup – Boiled rice (pulungal arisi)
- ¼ cup –Whole uluntham paruppu (whole urad dhal)
- 2 or 3no –Red chili’s
- 1 no – Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp – Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 tbsp – Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp – Chopped curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafetida(hing)
- Wash and soak all the items given for dosa batter except red chilies for at least 6 hours. After 6hrs grind coarsely the soaked items along with red chilies. Add water to make it to a dosa batter consistency
- Heat oil in the pan add jeera, asafetida, onion, coriander leaves and curry leaves sauté for few minutes or until raw smell goes. Add this mixture with the ground batter along with required salt.
- Now adai dosa batter is ready. Heat a dosa tawa and spread the batter like we make for dosa. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut or spicy tomato chutney or idli podi .