Mor-Keerai is a tasty gravy made with spinach and yogurt. Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, especially when fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled. Mor-Keerai is one of the best sides for white rice.
- 1 punch – Spinach (chopped finely)
- 3 tbsp – Yogurt / Curd
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu)
- 1 no – Dry red chili
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp – Coconut
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 nos – Green chilies
- 1 tbsp – Rice flour
- Wash and cook spinach leaves with little salt. Slightly mash up the spinach with the hand beater. Keep it aside.
- Grind all the items given “for grinding” to a smooth paste. Mix it with beaten yogurt and add it to spinach mixture. Bring it to boil and once this starts frothing, remove from flame.
- Temper it with mustard seeds, bengal gram, red chili and asafoetida. Serve hot with white rice and curry.