It is tangy and spicy rice made with green mango. Best lunch box ideas for family. Fresh mango is a very rich source of potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- 1 cup – Basmati rice or raw rice
- 3/4 cup - Green Mango grated
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Split Black gram / Ulunthu
- 1 tbsp - Bengal Gram / Kadalai paruppu
- 1 pinch - Fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp – Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp – Peanuts
- 1-2nos - Green Chillies (slit open)
- 1-2nos - Dried Red Chilli
- 4 or 5 nos - Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Wash and cook rice. Spread cooked rice on a wide bowl and let it cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add turmeric powder,grated mango and give it a good mix until well combined. Cook until raw smell goes off.
- Finally add cooked rice and required salt, gently mix until well combined. Switch off the stove and serve hot with appalam and pickle.