A simple dish made with combination of red gram (toor dal) and split green gram (moong dal). Goes well with roti and white rice.
- 1/4 cup – Red gram / Toor dal / Thuvaram paruppu
- 1/4 cup – Spilt green gram / Moong dal / Paasi paruppu
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 2 no – Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 nos – Dry red chillies
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Take a pressure cooker, add in washed red gram and split green gram, tomato, ginger and garlic, turmeric powder, ghee and enough water, cook until well cooked.
- Add required salt and lemon juice to the cooked dal mixture and season with items given for seasoning. Simple and yummy dal tadka is ready. Serve hot with roti, white rice.
- You can use few green chillies while pressure cooking dal mixtures.
- You can make dal tadka with either red gram or split green gram or combination of both as I have prepared.