Kadai paneer is a simple dish made with paneer, bell peppers are sauteed in spicy tomato gravy. Goes well with chappathi along with dal tadka.
- 1 cup – Paneer (big cubes)
- 1/2 cup - Red bell pepper (cut into big chunks)
- 1/2 cup - Green bell pepper (cut into big chunks)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander powder
- 2 tsp – Kastoori methi or dry fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 nos – Tomato (medium sized)
- 1/4 inch – Ginger
- 1 no – Green chilli
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Grind tomatoes, ginger and green chili into a puree. Set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan, shallow paneer for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, stir fry bell peppers until they are tender. Take them out and drain on a paper towel.
- Again in the same pan, season with items given for seasoning. Then add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, fenugreek leaves and salt. Cook until raw smell goes.
- Add 3 tbsp of water and wait till gravy comes to boil then add paneer, bell peppers. and keep it in simmer for about 5 mins. Now kadai paneer is ready and serve with chappathi along with dal tadka.
- While frying paneer you have to take it out before it starts changing color.
- Do not over cook the bell pepper also do not add more water in this recipe.