Chaat with boiled peanuts and other spices is a healthy evening snack. It takes less time to prepare and this recipe does not use any oil.
Serve 3 to 4 people
- 1 cup - Raw peanuts
- 1/2 no - Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 no - Tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup - Carrot grated
- 1 no - Green chillies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp - Red chilli powder ( or add as needed)
- 1/4 tsp - Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp - Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp - Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp - Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak raw peanuts in enough water for overnight. Pressure cook the peanuts with little salt and required water for 3 - 4 whistles or until well cooked.
- Take a mixing bowl, add cooked peanuts, chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, carrot grated, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice, coriander leaves and required salt, mix well and serve.
- Do not forget to add salt while cooking peanuts, otherwise peanuts will be bland in taste.
- Adjust level of chaat masala or lemon juice or red chilli powder as per your family's need.