Ghee Mysore pak is a soft and melting sweet prepared with besan, sugar and ghee. Ghee is the main ingredient in this recipe which gives nice aroma and flavor to the sweet. I have already posted solid Mysore pak with little porous but now I prepared soft Mysore pak with lots of ghee.
Yields 8 to 10 pieces
Yields 8 to 10 pieces
- 1/4 cup – Besan / gram flour / kadalai maavu
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 3/4 cup – Ghee (half for mixing besan and remaining ghee for stirring)
- 1/2 cup – Water ( for sugar syrup)
- Grease a plate to pour Mysore pak when it is done. You will not have time to do later as everything happens very fast.
- Heat ghee in a pan over low flame and leave it on stove. Sieve besan once so that there are no lumps found. Now take a bowl, add besan / gram flour and 1/4 cup+2 tbsp of warm ghee (half of the ghee), mix well thoroughly and set side for 10 mins.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add water (water enough to immerse sugar), sugar and bring it to boil. Continue boiling until you reach one string consistency. You can check the correct consistency by taking sugar syrup between the thumb and the index finger a single string will form.
- Now add gram flour ghee mixture to the sugar syrup. Keep stirring continuously and slowly add remaining ghee in regular intervals ( 1 to 2 tbsp at a time) to avoid drying.
- Keep stirring continuously over medium flame until you see the mixture is getting less sticky and easy to stir. Continue stirring until the mixture is not sticky anymore.
- Pour this mixture in a greased plate and spread it with spatula. Allow them to cool for 7 to 8 minutes and then slice them into square or diamond shape while it is still warm. Remove from the plate and enjoy.
- Gram flour and ghee mixture should be slightly in pouring consistency.
- Always keep the flame in medium or low.
- The overall process takes approximately 20 to 25 mins.
Technorati Tags: Mysore pak,ghee mysore pak,Indian sweets,Diwali recipes,Diwali sweets,Diwali,Festival recipes,recipes with besan,recipes with kadalai maavu,recipes with gram flour,Krishna sweets mysore pak,Mysore pak recipe,Soft mysore pak,South Indian sweets,South Indian recipes,South Indian sweet recipes.