Hello friends I am back to routine life and ready to post recipes regularly. Chettinad egg curry or muttai kuzhambu is a tasty side dish that goes well with chappathi, rice etc.
- 4 nos - Egg
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chilies (slit open)
- 1 tsp - Ginger (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves - Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp - Red chili powder (as needed)
- 1 tbsp - Coriander powder
- 1 tsp - Garam masala powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp - Coconut grated
- 1 tsp - Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp - Cumin seed
- 2 nos – Cashew nut
- 1/4 tsp - Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Fennel seeds
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Boil eggs in enough water for 15 to 20 mins. Remove the shell and make a small split in the middle, keep it aside.
- Grind the items given “for grinding” to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger and garlic pieces, green chilies and sauté well. Now add tomatoes and saute till the tomato pieces are well cooked.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder, mix well and fry for few seconds. Then add 2 cups of water along with required salt and cook over medium flame. Allow the curry to get cooked and reduce to ½ the quantity.
- Add ground paste in a cup of water and add to the curry. Cook for another 5 minutes. Finally add boiled eggs and allow them to boil for another 2 mins, garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.