Mango pickle is a simple and delicious pickle that can be prepared in no time. My mom makes this mango pickle when we get fresh mangoes from our farm. Here comes the recipe.
- 1 no – Green mango (chop into cubes)
- 2 pinch – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder (as per taste)
- 2 pinch – Fenugreek seed powder (venthaya podi)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp – Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Chop mango into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add mango pieces and saute for 2 –3 minutes or until mangoes are 3/4 done. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder along with required salt and saute until raw smell goes.
- Now simple and tasty mango pickle is ready. Store it in air tight jar and refrigerate for weeks.