Beetroot is a rich source of potent antioxidants and nutrients, including magnesium, sodium, potassium and vitamin C, and betaine, which is important for cardiovascular health. It is good to include it in our diet once in a week. It is a very simple stir fry which goes well with rice.
- 3 nos - Beetroot (medium sized,chopped finely)
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies ( chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp - Grated coconut
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram(ulunthu)
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 4 or 5 nos - Curry leaves
- Wash, peel the skin and chop beetroot .You can also grate beetroot if you prefer in that way. keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add green chillies saute for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped beetroot along with required salt. Keep the flame in low, cover with a lid and cook till soft stirring now and then. You can sprinkle little water in between to prevent it from burning.
- Once it is cooked, add grated coconut, mix it well and switch off the stove. Serve hot with white rice and any kara kuzhambu.