Green gram sweet sundal / Pacha payaru vella sundal is a simple, tasty and nutritious sundal prepared with green gram and jaggery.
- 1 cup – Green gram / Pacha payaru
- 1/2 to 1 cup – Jaggery (as needed)
- 1 no – Cardamom / Elachi
- 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 3 tsp – Ghee
- Soak green gram for 4 to 5 hrs and pressure for 3 to 4 whistles or until well cooked. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add grated jaggery or jaggery blocks and pour little water for the jaggery to dissolve. When jaggery dissolves, add cooked green gram and mix it well.
- Then add ghee,cardamom and grated coconut and mix it well till the mixture does not stick on to the pan. Green gram sweet sundal is ready to serve.
- You can strain jaggery syrup if you find any impurities before adding green gram.