Peanut laddu is one of my favourite laddu which my mom used to prepare very often. As we did not have mixer grinder during my childhood she prepares peanut powder and rice flour using a wooden pestle and stone mortar (ulakkai and ural). I got this recipe from my mom and i prepared it for very first time using mixer grinder. It tasted as good as my mom`s preparation. Here comes the recipe for yummy peanut laddu.
- 1 cup – Peanuts (raw)
- 1 cup – Raw rice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup – Jaggery (powdered)
- 1 no – Cardamom / elachi
- Soak raw rice in enough water for 1/2 to 1 hour and drain water completely. Grind them in a mixer grinder to a fine powder and sieve the flour, set aside.
- Heat a pan, dry roast raw peanuts until they are slightly golden brown in color or until nice aroma comes. Allow them to cool completely and remove the skin.
- Grind roasted peanuts in a mixer grinder for a second or just give 2 pulse. Set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add freshly ground rice flour, ground peanuts, jaggery and cardamom, mix well.
- Grind them again in a mixer grinder for 5 seconds till rice flour, ground peanuts and jaggery are well blended.
- Transfer this mixture in a mixing bowl and press with your hands as shown in the picture. Allow them to sit for 15 to 20 mins then make small sized balls. Store it in an airtight container.
- There is no need for ghee in this recipe as oil from peanut is sufficient to make balls.
- Peanuts should be roasted until nice aroma comes and take out from the flame immediately to avoid over burn.