Vendhaya dosai is a healthy dosai prepared with Rice and fenugreek seeds / vendhayam. It is a soft, spongy and tasty dosai which helps cooling your body, reducing blood sugar level and blood pressure. It is also good for digestion, constipation, asthma etc.
Yields: 10 to 12 dosai (3 people)
- 1 cup - Boiled rice
- 1 tbsp - Whole black gram without skin / Ulunthu
- 1 tbsp - Fenugreek seeds / Vendhayam
- Salt as needed
- Wash and soak rice, ulunthu, vendhayam for 4 to 5 hours, set aside.
- Transfer soaked rice mixture along with required salt to a mixer grinder and grind it by adding water little by little until smooth. Ferment this batter to overnight or until well fermented.
- Heat a tawa, take a ladle full of batter and spread it to a thick dosa like utthappam. Drizzle some oil around the sides, Cover and cook over medium flame until well cooked. No need to flip over. Serve hot with spicy tomato gravy or any spicy chutney or idly podi.
- No need to flip over this dosai, cover and steam cook the other side as shown in the picture.
- You can also spread this dosai batter like our regular dosai for crispy and yummy dosai.
- The duration for fermentation may vary depending on the climatic conditions. In winter it may need longer time and in summer it may require less time to ferment. Always try to keep it in a warm place.