Muttai aviyal is a flavourful side dish prepared with boiled egg and spices, which goes well with white rice, sambar and rasam.
serves: 3 people
- 4 nos - Egg
- 2 nos - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp - Chicken masala powder ( or use red chilli powder with garam masala)
- 5 or 6 nos - Fresh curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering
- Boil eggs in enough water along with little salt until well cooked. Set it aside and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut eggs into small pieces as shown in picture. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion along with little salt, saute until they are golden brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder and chicken masala powder, mix well and saute until raw smell goes.
- Now add chopped eggs and mix well so that masala's are well coated on eggs. After 2 to 3 mins, once again cut eggs into small pieces with spoon.
- Finally add fresh curry leaves and mix well. Switch off the stove and serve hot.
- Chicken masala powder is a red chilli powder prepared with red chillies and whole garam masala which is used for making non vegetarian recipes.
- You can replace chicken masala powder with our regular sambar powder. But i prefer using chicken masala because of its nice flavour.
- If you don’t have chicken masala powder, you can use sambar powder along with 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder as an alternate.