Broccoli is high in vitamin C, as well as dietary fiber; it also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties. Broccoli can provide you with some special cholesterol-lowering benefits if you steam cook it. Broccoli soup is a simple soup but its very healthy and delicious.
- 10 nos – Broccoli florets
- 10 pieces – Carrot (cut into circles)
- 6 to 8 nos – Sambar onion (small onion)
- 2 or 3 nos – Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp – Whole peppercorns
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- 1 tbsp – Corn flour (dilute in 2 tbsp of water)
- 3 cups - Water
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan, season with whole peppercorns. Add garlic and onion along with required salt saute until slightly golden brown.
- Now add carrot and fry for few seconds followed by broccoli saute until 1/2 done. Then add 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Finally add corn flour diluted in water and cook until soup gets thick enough. Add salt and pepper powder as needed and serve hot with bread toast.
- I used sambar onion but you can replace with regular onion.