Penne pasta prepared with paneer, green peas and Indian spices. It takes very less time to prepare and kids will love this for sure. I have also posted few pasta recipes in my blog, please have a look at it here.
Serves 3 people
- 1 cup - Penne pasta or any other pasta variety
- 1 cup - Paneer cubes
- 1/4 cup - Green peas ( fresh or frozen)
- 1 no - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no - Tomato (chopped)
- 2 nos - Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 inch - Ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp - Chole masala
- 1/8 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1 hand full - Coriander leaves
- 1 hand full - Pudina / mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering
- In a deep pan, heat water with few drops of oil and bring it to boil. Add penne pasta along with enough salt and let it cook for 10 minutes, until it turns soft and firm. Now check the pasta and drain excess water using a colander and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add enough water and bring it to boil. Add cubed paneer and green peas along with little salt, cook for 5 to 10 mins. Switch off the flame and drain excess water using colander, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, ginger, garlic along with little salt, saute until translucent. Then add tomato, followed by coriander leaves, mint leaves, saute until tomato turns to mushy.
- Add all masala powder and saute until raw smell goes. Switch off the flame and allow them to cool completely. Grind them to a puree and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add pureed masala, cooked pasta, paneer and green peas, mix well until sauce is evenly coated to pasta. Switch off the flame and serve hot.
- Do not over cook or under cook pasta otherwise pasta will lose its texture.
- Do not grind the onion tomato mixture to a fine puree or fine paste. It should be coarse paste otherwise it wont look good.
- You can also fry paneer in little ghee till they are slightly golden brown, instead of boiling it.