Kale leaves are low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. It is related to vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens and brussels sprouts. Baked kale chips is a healthy snack that you can prepare in no time. It will take time to master perfectly baked kale chips.
Serves 3 to 4
- 4 nos – Kale leaves
- 1/2 tbsp – Olive
- 1/4 tsp – Lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Preheat oven to 300F (or even less than that). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Remove leaves from the stems of the kale and roughly tear it up into slightly large pieces. Wash and pat dry the leaves completely.
- Add washed kale leaves into a large mixing bowl. Massage kale leaves with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper powder until all the nooks and corners are coated well with dressing.
- Spread out the kale onto the prepared baking sheet into a single layer, being sure not to overcrowd the kale.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 10 to12 minutes more until the kale begins to firm up. The kale will look shrunken, but that is normal. Mine took 20 mins.
- Cool down the kale chips for 2 to 3 minutes and enjoy immediately with tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice.
- Bake kale leaves on low heat or lower temperature for even baking.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale leaves before dressing.
- Spread dressed kale into a single layer on the baking sheet. Do not over crowd it.
- Do not burn the leaves by over baking. Watch now and then, so that you can avoid burning.