Salted cumin cookies is a savory version of cookies, this recipe is exclusively for those who love to eat cookies, but do not like very sweet stuff. Here comes the recipe.
Yields - 35 to 40 (depends upon the size and shape you make)
- 1 cup - All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup - Milk (at room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp - Sugar
- 1/4 tsp - Baking soda
- 3 tbsp - Oil
- Salt as needed
- Heat a pan, slightly roast cumin seeds and coarsely grind it, set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, coarsely ground cumin, sugar, baking soda and salt, mix well nicely. Add oil and rub it into the flour mixture.
- Add the milk and bring everything together till the dough does not stick to the hand. But do not over knead, or they will turn out really hard.
- Roll the dough, cut into desired shape and arrange on the prepared baking tray. Pre heat oven for 350 F or 180 C, bake for 20-25 minutes or till the top browns lightly. Remove cookies from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing them in air tight containers.
- Roll the dough in to 2mm thickness and cut into your desired shape.
- It is not possible to cut out so many cookies at one go. Do it in batches and repeat the process till the entire dough has been used up.
- Always place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven to cook cookies evenly.
- Number of cookies depends on the shape and size we make.
- Do no over knead the dough otherwise cookies will be too hard.