A tasty and exotic fruit popsicles are prepared from fresh pomegranate, mint leaves and lemon juice. Healthy ingredients are used in these pretty looking ice popsicles. Instead of buying artificial flavoured ice popsicles from the market it is better to make these simple and tasty popsicles at home.
Yields: 4 to 5 popsicles (depends on the size of the mold you are using)
- 1 cup – Pomegranate seeds
- 4 to 5 nos – Mint leaves
- 2 tsp – Lemon juice
- Sugar as needed
- Few pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Water as needed (1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- Take a blender, add pomegranate seeds, mint leaves, sugar, lemon juice and water, blend everything well together.
- Strain the juice using a strainer and remove seeds. Taste the pomegranate juice and check if more sugar or lemon juice is required. Adjust the taste accordingly.
- Take popsicle molds, add few pomegranate seeds and pour the pomegranate juice in molds.
- Place the popsicles in freezer part of the refrigerator and freeze it for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- When it is done, take it out and carefully show the outer surface under tap of hot running water for 30 seconds before pull out the popsicles. Serve it immediately.
- You may always replace sugar in this recipes with honey.
- You may increase or decrease quantity of water as per the sweetness of pomegranate.
- Make sure to wipe up any spills on the mold or tray before you put the tray into the freezer.
- When your popsicles are completely frozen, you will be able to pull on the stick easily. If the stick comes out by itself, your popsicle is not completely frozen. If the stick stays fast, your popsicle is frozen (ready to eat).