Cauliflower peas kurma is a simple dish which makes a good combo for chappathi, white rice, idly etc.
- 2 cups – Cauliflower florets (completely washed)
- 1/4 cup – Green peas (fresh)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Oil
- 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 2 or 3 nos – Dry red chilli
- 1 tbsp – Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp – Fennel seeds
- 2 nos – Cashew nuts
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 2 pieces – Cinnamon stick
- 2 nos – Cloves
- 1/4 tsp – Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan, roast all the items given in the list “for grinding” and grind them to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger garlic paste along with little salt, saute until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, saute until mushy and then add turmeric powder. Now add cauliflower and green peas, cover and cook until 1/2 done.
- Finally add ground coconut paste and enough water, cover and cook until everything is well cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathi, white rice.
- Cauliflower can be replaced with any other vegetables of your choice. My favorites are potato, carrots, green beans or a combination of all these vegetables.