Oats soup is a simple and healthy soup which can be prepared with easily available ingredients in your pantry.
- 2 tsp – Oats (Instant oats)
- 2 nos – Sambar onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Cabbage (Chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Carrot (Chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Milk
- 1 1/2 cup – Water
- 1 tsp – Butter
- 1 pinch – Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp – Spring onion
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder (freshly ground)
- Salt as needed
- Heat butter in a pan, saute onion and garlic along with a pinch of cumin seeds till they turn golden brown. Now add cabbage and carrot saute for few minutes.
- Add oats and mix well. Now add salt and 1/1/2 cup water, bring it to boil and cook oats thoroughly.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, milk and bring it to boil. Switch off the stove and garnish with finely chopped spring onion. Serve hot with a toasted bread.
- Carrot and Cabbage are optional. If you want a spicy version of this soup, you can add chopped green chilli.
- Also based on your spice level you can increase or decrease black pepper quantity.