Merry Christmas and happy holidays
Simple chocolate cake with chocolate cream frosting, i prepared this chocolate cake for my hubby’s birthday. It was soft, moisture and tasted perfect.
- 1 cup - All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1/4 cup – Butter (melted at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup - Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup – Milk (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup - Cocoa Powder (equal to 4 tbsp+2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup – Curd / Yogurt
- 3/4 tsp - Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
Chocolate cream frosting:
- 1/2 cup – Butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups - Icing Sugar
- 2/3 cup - Cocoa Powder (equal to 10 tbsp + 2tsp)
- 1/3 cup – Milk (equal to 5tbsp +1 tsp)
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Essence
Making of chocolate cake:
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder (sieve it for even mixing), baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add curd, milk, melted butter, vanilla essence to the flour mixture, mix well to incorporate. Now add boiling water to it and mix well until batter becomes thick and creamy.
- Preheat oven for 350 F or 180 C, meanwhile grease and dust a cake pan with flour. Pour the batter to it and bake it for 30 to 35 mins or until well cooked. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes then remove the cake. Eggless chocolate cake is ready.
Making of chocolate cream frosting:
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter and sieved cocoa powder, beat with beater until well mixed. Add the icing sugar little by little and slowly incorporate it into the butter.
- Finally add milk and vanilla extract, continuously beat for 5-7minutes or until it reaches creamy consistency. More you beat more smoother the chocolate cream. Chocolate cream frosting is ready.
Decorating cake with frosting:
- Trim the cake both top and sides with a knife to make it even. This step is completely optional.
- Then apply chocolate cream frosting on the cake with a spatula. Spread it evenly all over the cake and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. When you touch, the icing should not stick to your finger.
- Now you can decorate it and make a design according to your wish. Eggless chocolate cake with chocolate cream frosting is ready.
- Baking time differs depend on the oven you are using. Mine took 34 mins to cook completely.
- You can replace melted butter with olive oil or any other oil.
- Once batter is ready, do not keep the batter outside for long time. Immediately place it in the oven for baking.
- If you want to make chocolate cream frosting little thin then you can add more milk while beating.
- You can increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.