Mattar paneer is an north Indian dish consisting of paneer and peas in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce.
- 1 cup – Paneer
- 1/2 cup – Green peas
- 2 nos – Tomatoes (medium sized, chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup – Curd
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil/ghee
- 1 tsp – Oil
- 2 nos – Onion (medium sized, sliced)
- 1 no – Cinnamon stick
- 1 no – Clove
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 5 nos – Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- Heat ghee in a pan, shallow fry paneer until golden brown color. Then soak the fried paneer in a warm water, set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add all items given in the list “for grinding” one by one and saute until raw smell goes. Allow them to cool down and grind it to a smooth paste(add water if needed while grinding). Set aside.
- In the same pan, add oil/ghee and add crushed ginger garlic, saute for few seconds. Then add ground masala paste saute for few mins.
- Add tomato, green peas along with required salt and cook until everything is well cooked. Then add beaten curd and cook for few more seconds.
- Add paneer cubes and required water (do not add more water), and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Switch of the stove and garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice, mix well and serve hot with roti.