Ragi semiya upma is one of the healthy and tasty dish that i ever tasted. Ragi is good for weight control, diabetes and cooling the body. Here comes the recipe for ragi semiya upma.
- 1 packet – Ragi semiya / Ragi vermicelli
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 5 or 6 nos – Fresh curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- Soak ragi semiya in enough water for 2 mins and squeeze out the water.
- Place soaked ragi semiya in a idly platter and steam it for about 5 mins or until well cooked. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with mustard seeds, split black gram, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add onion, green chillies along with required salt, saute until translucent.
- Finally add cooked ragi semiya, saute for few seconds and garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with coconut chutney or you can even have as it is.
- For cooking ragi semiya you can see the instructions given on the back side of the packet.