Blueberries are very low in calories. However, they possess notable health benefiting plant-nutrients such as soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.The berries also contain a small amount of B-complex group of vitamins such as niacin, pyridoxine, folates and pantothenic acid. It contains very good amounts of vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid. These vitamins are acting as co-factors help the body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
Banana is a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, manganese and vitamins B6 & C. Banana suppress acid in the digestive tract, alleviating heartburn and helping guard against ulcers. Since bananas contain pectin, a soluble fiber, they aid in the elimination process, helping prevent constipation.
I made smoothie with these nutrition packed fruits along with vanilla ice cream.
- 1/2 cup – Fresh blueberry
- 1/2 no – Banana (preferably ripe)
- 1 scoop – Vanilla ice cream (plain one)
- 1 cup – Milk (I used 2%)
- Sugar is optional
- In a blender, add fresh blueberries, banana, vanilla ice cream, milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glass and enjoy.
- If you prefer you can add sugar also but I feel fruit itself has enough sweet. So there is no need to add sugar.