Aloo Tamatar Subzi or potatoes in Tomato Sauce is very simple and common dish prepared in Northern parts of India. Potatoes are cooked in a spiced gravy of onions and tomatoes which goes well with poori and chappathi.
- 3 nos – Potato
- 2 no – Tomato (bigger size) (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger
- 2 nos – Green chilli
- 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Few curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger and green chillies along with required salt, saute until slightly golden brown.
- Add tomato and saute until mushy. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder, saute until raw smell goes.
- Now add chopped potatoes and enough water. Close the lid and pressure cook for upto 2 whistles. Adjust the consistency of gravy, as it should not be too watery.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathi and poori.